|The Week Ahead is a list of bills up for public hearings and committee work sessions that HRC staff has identified as potentially noteworthy. This is not a list of all bills being heard.|
Please note that bills may be added to or removed from the committee meeting agendas after this list is released. Click on the bill number or check leg.wa.gov for the latest information.
If you would like to take action on any of these bills:
This list is for informational purposes only. The inclusion of a bill should not be construed as support or opposition to that legislation by HRC staff.
Monday, March 27
- Proposed Operating Budget – Hearing on HB 1140 (Ormsby) – Appropriations @ 4:00 PM (P) (WC) (RT) (IPT)
- Proposed Transportation Budget – Hearing on HB 1125 (Fey) – Transportation @ 4:00 PM (P) (WC) (RT) (IPT)
Tuesday, March 28
- Proposed Capital Budget – Hearing on HB 1147 (Tharinger/Steele) – Capital Budget @ 8:00 AM (P) (WC) (RT) (IPT)
- Prevailing Wages on Public Works Projects – Hearing on SB 5726 (King) – Labor @ 10:30 AM (P) (WC) (RT) (IPT)
- Retirement Plan Access & Availability – Work Session – Consumer Protection & Business @ 1:30 PM
- Vehicular Pursuits – Exec. Session on SB 5352 (Lovick) – Community Safety, Justice, & Reentry @ 4:00 PM
- Controlled Substances Possession/Treatment (RE: Blake decision) – Exec. Session on SB 5536 (Robinson) – CSJR @ 4:00 PM
Wednesday, March 29 – policy cutoff
(Cutoff deadline for bills to be out of opposite chamber’s policy committees.)
- Emerging Issues in the Washington Court System – Work Session – Civil Rights & Judiciary @ 8:00 AM.
- Elk Management –Hearing on HB 1849 (Lekanoff) – Agriculture and Nat. Resources @ 9:00 AM (P) (WC) (RT) (IPT)
- Status of Financial Institutions (e.g. Banks) in WA – Work Session – Consumer Protection & Business @ 1:30 PM
- Proposed Operating Budget – Executive Session on HB 1140 (Ormsby) – Appropriations @ 4:00 PM
- Proposed Transportation Budget –Executive Session on HB 1125 (Fey) – Transportation @ 4:00 PM
Thursday, March 30
- Proposed Capital Budget – Executive Session on HB 1147 (Tharinger/Steele) – Capital Budget @ 8:00 AM
Friday, March 31
Fiscal committees are meeting. Agendas in flux at the time this list was compiled.