Kevin is a survivor of the 1999 shootings at Columbine High School. He has traveled throughout the United States, as well as to New Zealand, to share his lessons of leadership learned in the tragedy.
Kevin studied political science at Whitworth University, earned his MBA at George Fox University, and later studied leadership at Harvard.
Kevin is married to his college sweetheart, Kerry. They live in Spokane with their three children, Emelia, Eve and Ross.
- Owner of a coffee shop chain
- Leadership instructor at Fairchild Air Force Base
- Adjunct instructor in Whitworth University’s business school. His curriculum includes economics, leadership, strategic management, and entrepreneurship.
- Honorary Commander for Fairchild Air Force Base in 2011
- Rodel Fellowship Scholar (one of only 22 elected leaders from across the United States selected to participate in the two-year Rodel Fellowship)
- More than ten awards for his work in business and education in the Legislature
Kevin was elected to serve as State Representative for Spokane’s 6th Legislative District in 2008, and has held a leadership position in the House Republican Caucus since he was a freshman.
- The International Trade Alliance Board Member
- Red Cross Board Member
- YMCA Board Member
- Young Life Board Member
- Young Life Corporate Chair for Juvenile Diabetes