Jeff lives in Cheney with his wife, Cindy. They have two children, both in college.
- Washington State University, Bachelor's degree in Psychology
- Washington State Criminal Justice Academy, state accreditation
- Washington State Criminal Justice Commission, certification
- Gonzaga University School of Law, admitted to Washington State Bar in 1990
- Sunshine Committee, 2013 - current
- Civil Legal Aid Oversight Committee, 2013 - current
- Currently a sole practitioner attorney, with more than 20 years of experience
- Retired after 22 years as Spokane police officer and detective
- Previous experience working at a foundry, at a lumber treatment plant, driving a combine, and as insurance claims representative
- Offers volunteer legal service
- Previous involvement with Little League, Cheney school board, Catholic Parish Council, Spokane Deaf Services
- 1981-1982: Army National Guard
- 1975-1978: U.S. Army
- State representative: 2013 - current
- LEOFF II Director, 2005 - current: Washington State Law Enforcement and Fire Fighter Retirement Plan 2 Board setting policy and administering $6 billion in retirement benefits for 17,000 members. Currently the best funded active state pension system in the country.