Rep. Dan Kristiansen has served in the Washington State House of Representatives since 2003, and is the leader of the House Republican Caucus. Born in Snohomish County, Dan and his wife, Janis, along with their three children, have made their home in the greater Snohomish/Monroe area for more than 25 years. In addition to spending time with his family, Dan enjoys traveling, camping, and exploring the outdoors.
Working for many years in the private sector, Dan has extensive experience with company budgets, fiscal planning, employee management, project coordination and dealing with state agencies as a small business manager/owner.
Graduate of Shorecrest High School, Shoreline, WA; attended Shoreline Community College.
- Business Champion - Joint Government Affairs Committee from the Monroe, Everett and South Snohomish County Chambers
- Washington Fire Commissioners Association - Legislator Award for "dedicated service and commitment"
- Washington Farm Bureau – “Friend of Farm Bureau” on his exemplary voting record
- Association of Washington Business award
- Free Enterprise Award
- Honorary Camp Director for Camp Access
- Speedy Award from Paralyzed Veterans of America in recognition of his significant contributions to the veteran and disabled community